Annual Dues: $300.00
New applicants or NWSID Associate members may become Professional Members upon successful completion of one of the following:
- Passage of the NCIDQ, CQRID, CKBD or the equivalent as required by the state in which the member resides.
- Completion of at least four years of college in an accredited interior design program and is currently active in the field, with no less than five years design work experience.
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree in an accredited interior design program or degree from a technical school approved by the local NWSID Chapter Board and is currently active in the field, with no less than seven years design work experience.
- Completion of a post-secondary school level education and is currently active in the field of interior design, with no less than eight years design work experience.
Annual Dues: $300.00
New applicants or NWSID Emerging members may become Associate Members upon successful completion of one of the following:
- Completion of at least two years of college in an accredited interior design program or completion of a program at a technical school approved by the NWSID Chapter Board.
- Completion of a post-secondary school level education and is currently active in the field of interior design with no less than three years of design work experience.
- Completion of five years of design work experience, with three letters of recommendation: one from a client, and one from a contractor, and one from a trade supplier.
Emerging Designer/Independent Trade Member
Annual Dues: $75.00
Independent applicant, working toward required years of design/trade work experience with letter of reference and/or transcript.
Sustaining Design Member
Annual Dues: $150.00
A semi or totally retired Associate or Professional Member in good standing, who has reached 60 years of age, and has been active in NWSID for 5 or more years, is eligible to apply for this level, with no drop in benefits and member status, and pay half the membership dues they are currently paying.
At Large Membership
Annual Dues: Remain at current membership category rate
Any design member who is unable to participate in organizational events and meetings due to illness, personal crisis or sabbatical. The Chapter Board on a yearly basis must approve At Large Membership status. Voting privileges are revoked with this status. Membership level at the time of the request for this status is maintained.
Professional Resource Affiliate (PRA) + Joint Membership
Annual Dues: $300.00
(Includes 2 representatives; additional $75 for 3+ representatives)
General Membership Requirements
A. To maintain active member status, all members must comply with dues payment requirements and adhere to the Code of Ethics.
B. To maintain membership status, all members must attend at least six general meetings per fiscal year. Functions include all General and Board
Code of Ethics
As a member of the Northwest Society of Interior Designers, it becomes the responsibility of each and every member to adhere to the following Code of Ethics:
In all client-member relationships, it is assumed that each member will offer only the most professional advice, planning and execution of same, with the best interests of the client always coming first.
It is expected of each member that a personal commitment
All references or statements referring to other members and/or their projects shall be objective and non-judgmental.
Each member shall adhere to industry standards in charges for service and/or furnishings supplied.
Finally, it becomes the ultimate responsibility of each member to support individual and group activities of the Northwest Society of Interior Designers that could positively affect public recognition and acceptance of the professional interior designer.
Use of NWSID Initials
Only NWSID members in good-standing my use the NWSID initials. The following guidelines apply to the various membership categories.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERS are the only members that may use the NWSID initials alone on a business card, letterhead, signature, and in other ways including advertising that specifically identifies the member by name and status.
Example: Jane Doe, NWSID -or- Jane Doe, NWSID Professional Member
ASSOCIATE, APPRENTICE, STUDENT OR PRA MEMBERS must identify membership status when using the NWSID initials.
Example: Jane Doe, NWSID Associate Member
Jane Doe, NWSID Apprentice Member
Jane Doe, NWSID Student Member
Jane Doe, NWSID Professional Resource Affiliate Member -or- NWSID PRA Member
The membership status must be written out completely and may not be abbreviated.
Examples of inappropriate use: Jane Doe, Member of NWSID